Protect your Business and Assets against the rising trend of Retail Theft
Protect Your Business and Assets against the rising trend of Retail Theft
TUESDAY 12th DECEMBER 2023
Protect your Business and Assets against the Rising Trend of Retail Theft
Shoplifting offences recorded by police forces in England and Wales have risen by a quarter in the past year, according to official figures.
The data released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) comes after warnings from major retailers about the rising cost of theft from their stores. The research forecasts the value of retail theft will be in the region of 7.9billion in 2023. Shoppers account for 60% of the value of theft, while employees within distribution and stores account for the remaining 40%.
The Co-op as an example said its food business lost £33m in the first six months of 2023.
Some 365,164 shoplifting offences were recorded by police in the year to June – up 25% on the previous 12 months.
The figure is 2% above the 359,236 offences in the pre-pandemic year of 2019/20. The government has come under increasing pressure to tackle the rise in shoplifting, which has been blamed on the cost of living crisis and organised crime.
One of many services we offer to help deter potential theft within your organisation is our retail security services. Regency can provide the necessary crime prevention plan and implement procedures to decrease theft and save you money.
All our retail guards are fully uniformed, vetted and hold an SIA license. You can be assured that they will represent your company in a positive and professional manner and integrate seamlessly to ensure the standards of your brand are maintained.
The key benefits of retail guarding are:
FULLY UNIFORMED, VETTED AND LICENSED STAFF
We employ professionals who are fully uniformed, vetted, and licensed to ensure the highest level of quality service.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING STAFF
Our team seamlessly integrates with your existing staff to provide a cohesive and efficient operation.
TAILOR MADE SOLUTIONS
We offer customised solutions that are tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
ENSURE YOUR STAFF’S SAFETY
We prioritise the safety and security of your staff by implementing strict safety protocols and procedures.
REDUCE STOCK AND REVENUE LOSS
Our services are designed to minimise stock and revenue loss, thereby increasing your overall profitability.